Sunday, September 13, 2009

One reason to celebrate the 70s/80s

It's my day off and I don't think I'm going to this film festival thing I wanted to see in DC. Oh well. I got to ride a bike in beautiful weather today. Plus I have library books! Like Shelf Discovery, which is full of many book covers I can remember! I showed it to a friend, and we both agreed it's a shame we will miss Judy Blume at the book festival this upcoming weekend. I was looking at some of the versions of her books that are out now, compared to the ones I read. In the cover art on this older Yearling edition of Otherwise Known As Sheila The Great, those girls look like they actually have real personalities! I also found a teeny weeny version of the Yearling cover for It's Not The End Of The World on this site. That's the version of the book that I read. I loved her pose and used to stare at the cover, thinking I wouldn't have minded looking like her. I feel sorry for the kids nowadays, who have to get books with such incredibly boring cover art on them. Bleah. Maybe that will change. Hope so.

No comments: