Sunday, September 06, 2009

da da da da

I saw this girl today who reminded me of a certain girl who used to be the class artist who is now a writer. NOT how she looked in the grown up profile photo. More like a grown version of how I remembered her as a kid. Slightly Annie Lennox-ish. I found a very cute, charmingly misspelled letter (in cursive!) from her and the rest of my 3rd grade class in a brown manila envelope. Sometimes I wonder if these things aren't coincidences. Could be. Now, I can't be going to any upcoming book festivals on Saturdays. I requested off from one job. The other job stepped in to prevent me from going. Maybe I'll try to attend some of this film festival though. Before our yardsale, one of my friends lent me this book to read: I Was Told There'd Be Cake. Most in my mind is the story about being inveigled into being a bridesmaid. I knew a girl in grad school who always was one; she asked me how I escaped it. I don't know. I am the sort of person who is never asked to be a bridesmaid maybe? We had a conversation in a bookstore in upstate NY. I can't remember why. She asked me to touch her hand or sweater and tell me what I thought. I said "mother and love." She said "that's funny, because my mother gave me this sweater." Hmmm. Was that what it was? It's hard to recall. Tonight me and my new roommate ate cold crabs and drank wine in night time drizzle at some picnic tables. Thanks, early bird picnic neighbors. (For the crabs.) Yo quiero comer un cupcake.

No comments: