Thursday, July 16, 2009

Change is good, again.

My luxury today is a temporary rental car with XM radio.
Also I am getting much better at becoming the queen of consolidation.
Adios to many books, clothes, and knickknacks. And some photos.
Some very beautiful Peru pictures are going into a box.
A younger, more flaca self. Very pretty country.
En las casas en la selva, muchos mosquiteros!
Rows of girls in shiny white dresses. Or in school uniforms.
Vespas, hammocks, palm trees, chickens...
An old newspaper photo spread. My younger self has pictures of herself on a blind date with a kid in my math class, in Seattle. I didn't know it was him. My Salvadorian friend said "You're so lucky!" He was half Peruvian, half Chinese American. We had the same birthday. He was Mr. Student Government. We talked about Peru and how he did an internship in DC. That was fun.

No comments: