Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Nothing and I mean NOTHING is more old boy's network/bureaucratic than an entire workplace/community which allows a man to publicly indulge himself in a way that effects women adversely (however slightly it may seem to some people who foolishly think that it only counts if it culminates in some act of extreme violence) Other stuff is bad enough, too. And actually, I think that sometimes its the slow accumulation of detritus over the years is even worse. Via my own family and stepfamily I've witnessed/come into contact with the following bad habits: Southern style "chivalry" (and oppression of women), extreme fanatic devotion to religion, alcoholism and substance abuse, bi polar disorder, severe depression, suicide attempts. Thats not to exclude the many positives, but what the hell, you saw how I woke up. It hasn't been such a positive morning, yet! Before the screaming man woke me up, I was having a funny dream that I was somewhere in the south, riding the bus to highschool. I thought "Now I can view it from the perspective of someone who is 27."

No comments: