Sunday, November 25, 2018

Page 11 of the Study Guide

A more hopeful quote:

"In the film, Daisy’s brother Charlie, feels deeply betrayed that it was his teammate who assaulted his sister. Parents, teachers and other trusted adults can start unpacking twisted gender messages from a very young age whenever the opportunity arises. Charlie did that with his little league team when he started coaching baseball:

'I don’t think I ever thought about teaching them greater life lessons until I heard a couple boys making comments about a girl. And I said, all right, we’re having a powwow now, and I circled everybody up. And I was like, here’s the thing guys, I’m here to teach you baseball. But this isn’t the kind of stuff I accept. This isn’t what I’m about. If it’s what you’re about, that’s fine, but that’s not what we are going to be about. And you’re more than welcome to take yourself out of here. After that one incident something clicked...'
 —Charlie Coleman"

~ https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/a76a48c9-f061-4d34-b51a-0f1c2ac6bbee/downloads/1bsc4pm2k_417341.pdf

https://audriepottfoundation.com/netflix-documentary

No comments: