Friday, October 13, 2017

Yes, universe

It is funny that I had another impulse to take a look at a site and there's a new post full of Thoreau quotes...

http://moonshinejunkyard.blogspot.com/2017/10/twin-lakes-tradition.html

I fondly remember the Pacific Northwest. I miss the little I've seen of Northern California. It's hard to get away. Who knew I would end up here? In the day I walked up to a house where I had to retrieve a key for a petsitting job. I find it very strange. People I've never met leave me this key in a mail box. It's a little wordless communication between myself and a stranger.

On the way back, I walked through alleyways and saw a nice ramshackle house with a stained glass window behind some shrubbery and wondered who lived there. Limes I could have picked hung over a walkway. I didn't grew up with that, but it's normal now.

Maybe I will go apple-picking / pumpkin-patching soon...the spirit of upstate NY is still with me...

No comments: