Thursday, August 03, 2017

How's the heart

Breathe
BREATHE
Breathe

Sometimes I think I am over something now or moving on in a healthy way, but then I wake up from sleep and feel pained again by missed opportunities. It relates to healthy living and stopping patterns of abuse and disrespect.

I dreamed I lived by a woman who was experiencing domestic violence. My roommate was a male cop who'd had an abusive dad. He didnt hear the woman cry for help, because he was immersed in his own experiences and internal pain. I needed to call some other cops because a woman was being abused. He needed a different kind of help, like therapy, but I had to focus on the domestic violence situation.

It's amazing how much we still need to evolve as a society. I don't know why the culture became the way it is, which is to say heartbreakingly tolerant of sexism and discriminatory practices... This is a strange, painful mystery. You can expect better from people and from life.

I have to breathe whenever this happens.

BREATHE love
BREATHE lessons
BREATHE life

No comments: