Friday, April 14, 2017

Oh again

Over here, when I work with others, I feel encouraged...over there, even though I can excel in some ways, I feel penalized for not catering to some people's egos...over here, all of them are more feminist-friendly and it's subtle but it's real and important. It's a hard thing when you can love a subject area but not be treated as valued because of the way the culture operates...I want to ask...Why do you think this subset of people exists to cater to your ego (Or not?) Why do you seem to devalue people who don't cater to your ego? Who taught you this stuff...

Then I think about going to church as a kid, and the minister talking about men being head of the house. To my father it was the truth, but to my mother, it was offensive.

Welcome to the rest of my life.

No comments: