Thursday, April 27, 2017

Body dream

I dreamed I went to a place where two parents and a woman who was not a parent were hanging out. The parents were okay with me being around and the woman who was not a parent was borderline hostile. She pointedly came over and stood in front of me and stared right through me as if she couldn't see me. I said "Hi" to her and she said "Oh, hi," as if I were an afterthought, and I was really surprised by this. Then I woke up and felt like I had a golf ball attached to the right side of my uterus.

I feel like what some people don't get is that being aware of different kinds of body situations is kinder to children as a whole than ignoring it and acting like everything is okay. Some kids are going to grow up with these kinds of health problems, too. Especially if the endo-disrupting environment keeps affecting people with different kinds of genetics. Kids know not everyone is born with the same abilities, right? Most kids are actually probably nicer to adult women with fertility issues than most adults are, but some adults are better about it than others.

This is what someone thought in 2010:

“Infertility is where breast cancer was in the 1970s — completely in the closet.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/38311820/ns/health-womens_health/t/many-couples-struggle-infertility-silence/#.WQIFw_nyuM8

No comments: