Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Useful information

It was very cool to drive up north and see almost nothing around me but dark green trees and lavender clouds in the sky at dusk. And the sign for the 45th parallel (halfway to the Northpole.) And a sign for Elk-Crossing. ("I think they're just on someone's farm," someone explained to me later.) I saw opening ceremonies (different from the clip I just watched) on a little farm that seemed out in the middle of nowhere. It was interesting to experience a series of simultaneously fun and stressful days and a lot of stress-y seeming dreams (at night or in the morning or during naps) and drive and drive and drive everywhere and finally come "home" to the hovel-with-potential that I currently reside in, and feel just a smidgen of the impulse that a lot of my neat-freakish relatives must feel, like, all the time. So, now, all I'm doing is freeing myself of possessions (that looks like too many s's) and then, the next phase of life. Dun dun dun. It will have to involve lifestyle changes. (Good ones.) Today I listened to Allegheny Front (while probably doing absolutely nothing to improve the air quality!) on the PA Turnpike. They also talked about canning, which I saw a bit of as a child, and which was briefly discussed at one get-together I attended.

No comments: