Sunday, August 03, 2008

Random thoughts on books and such

None of this interferes with my appreciation of this book! But, I do kind of like those books that have stories with animals in them. Sometimes, I could want to write one about a squirrel who follows another squirrel around in grocery stores, finishes up a creation, and then gets accolades for it. But then, I think: I'd rather just post links about the works of Natalie Babbitt. When I found out The Eyes of the Amaryllis (and once again, the image on the paperback I possessed in 6th grade is no where to be found on the web) had been made into a movie (and to think, I never knew, all these years!) I felt sort of like I'd been socked in the stomach, but in a good way. Herbert Rowbarge leads me to think back on this carousel. Also, I wanted to post a link to the movie Housekeeping, because I was reading some reviews of the book, which I have never read, and because I remember my little 15-or-16-year-old-flannel-shirt-wearing-self watching some of it on cable and thinking that there should be more films like that. "Haunting Pacific Northwest scenery!" I'm going to take a trip to the Midwest. I believe that I could watch this one with family members. (If it's ever available...)

No comments: