Thursday, July 17, 2008

Today's inbox links...

One of my literary friends sent me an old picture from grad school in which I dressed as a "lovesick poet" and had silver glitter on my face and two red hearts drawn on my cheeks. And wore a beret. I was kind of a cute little 20-something. ;-) Maybe I should add it to the rarely visited myspace or facebook pages which I sort-of-halfway-not-really set up. Another friend sent the article about the World's Oldest Mother. "That is why we call it Mother India." Another friend sent me info about Floris, which is proof that Northern Virginia was not always so NOVAish. She told me that her mom was actually raised by her Dad's sisters, who were "spinsters." I rather like that word. And my sister, who prepared herself to brave moose and bears, met neither, but survived an unexpected encounter with quicksand, sent some links, including lions, birds and the meaning of our surname.Which I had wondered about, but never guessed even though now it looks so obvious. Yay, an edible flower.

No comments: