Monday, July 14, 2008

To eat...

Tonight I ate a vegetarian (vegan?) eggplant dish made with harissa sauce. It was cooked in a tagine and was very delicious.
Later, I reread The Findhorn Garden and I thought these were interesting food quotes from Eileen Caddy:
"It would do you far more good to sit down and eat a handful of raisins and nuts or whatever you really fancy instead of sitting there, pushing down salad because everyone else is doing it...Don't be like a lot of sheep." --page 45
"It's so easy to develop the idea that it is wrong to eat certain kinds of food. For this very reason, one of Peter's favorite stories is about my 'steak and whiskey diet.' He revels in telling it, especially when he knows he's talking to a group of avid vegetarians." --page 47
"What I do is encircle the food with love, I bless it, then I eat it and enjoy it." --page 47

No comments: