Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Cositas sobre hoy dia

Today is my little sister's birthday and she's flying to Alaska to see our relatives who live there. I guess she is 27? She was born in 1981. But to me she always seems younger than even people who might be younger than she is, because I'm the older sister. Maybe I should just, like, send her an e-mail, saying, "'oh!' sighed jo, 'it's dreadful to be poor!'" Well, she's into lions, so I will probably get her something lion-ish. I feel a little poor today because I sent in my rent check and finally paid the medical bill for the awful "I feel nauseous and I'm seeing bright lights and now I can't get off the floor" back injury I got back in September, of which my health insurance covered not a cent. Oh well. Happier thoughts! Today I picked some lettuce out of a garden project that my friend co-ordinates, and I went to the bookstore and read some books, and I went to the grocery store and thought about how sometimes going to the grocery store at night in NOVA is about as low stress as making a trip to the airport, and as I drove home I wondered, if I ever wrote, if people would say, either in secret or in public, "your stuff sounds like so-and-so's." I decided I want to check out usgs.gov because my sister said it is a good place to find and identify bird calls.

No comments: