Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Old disappeared paper...

Too bad I no longer have this old paper I wrote my freshman year for my philosophy class. "The moment he stepped into me the woods became alive with myriad beings...I now had pan-pipes in my hands and was aware of shaggy legs and cloven hooves...The numerous birds responded, their songs making an exquisite counterpoint to the music..."(page 119). I got a "C" on it. "When I had almost reached the spot where the experience had started, the heightened awareness began to fade...Approaching the end of the path and the cedar tree, I began to walk sedately, which was just as well since a boy was sitting on the seat nearby. It might have been disconcerting for at least one of us if I had come dancing down the path..." (page 45). I was going for something about having a Dionysian experience.
"You don't mind me walking beside you?
'Not in the least.'
He put his arm round my shoulder. I felt the actual physical contact.
You don't mind if I touch you?
'No.'
You really feel no repulsion or fear?
'None.'
Excellent." (page 109)
It would have been interesting to see what I was trying to get at, even if it was convoluted.
"I asked him where his pan-pipes were. He smiled at the question:
I do have them, you know.
And there he was, holding them between his hands. He began to play a curious melody."
(page 109).
It was my favorite chapter in The Findhorn Garden:
You can just look at a thing, or you can really "see" what you are looking at. -ROC

No comments: