Thursday, May 15, 2008

Other films & such

The Full Monty (by myself in the Egyptian Theatre, the first Friday after I'd moved to Seattle) and Shopping For Fangs (alone at the Asian American film festival, where some older guy tried to get me to go out for coffee with him, and told me that he'd read The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith during his childhood in Australia.) I think I also saw Deconstructing Harry and I know I saw Kundun with friend(s?) Memory fades a bit. Speaking of film and video, I enjoy watching Gwen Stefani these days. Ever since one of my writing friends told us to watch Wind It Up.
I think she is actually kind of a storyteller. (Like that Mormon kid on American Idol.) Hey Baby, Don't Speak, Ex-Girlfriend, Simple Kind of Life, What You Waiting For. Hmmm, sucked into storytellingness.

No comments: