Tuesday, September 19, 2023

"Every Body" has a trailer

"To this day, doctors perform unnecessary and dangerous surgeries on children that can have adverse physical consequences down the line. In Weigel’s case, doctors removed the internal testes she was born with, which 'forced my body into hormone withdrawal, leaching calcium from my bones, which is why I now have osteoporosis. That's very common in the intersex community.' There are also psychological scars: As a child Weigel was told she should keep her identity secret or she’d never find a husband, that people would make fun of her. 'By trying to fix me,' she said, 'they broke me. There was never an issue in the first place.'” 

~ Lina Fisher 

"New Documentary Every Body Illuminates the 'I'"

https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/screens/2023-06-30/new-documentary-every-body-illuminates-the-i-in-lgbtqia/          

No comments: