Thursday, October 20, 2022

Lunchtime Read

"We serve different languages, including Triqui and Mixtec. We have translators to prevent language barriers for accessing food banks. There are lots of reasons that farm workers get excluded from assistance. Having worked in the field helps me to get trust and know what’s going on. I went viral in 2020 during the fires, smoke, heat waves, pandemic. I expressed my frustration during the conditions, and I was telling people to pick their own vegetables. I used to be a worker so I have insight into the details."

~ Flor Martinez Zaragoza to Alan Chazaro

"This San Jose Influencer Is Using Her Platform to Support Farm Workers and Undocumented Immigrants" | KQED

https://www.kqed.org/arts/13920483/flor-martinez-zaragoza-instagram-influencer-activist-farm-workers-immigrants-daca-hella-hungry

No comments: