Friday, May 20, 2022

Info Clustering Interestingly...

"My Life Looking Back at a Murder" - Gallery

http://www.janisfroelich.com/gallery/my-life-looking-back-at-a-murder-gallery/

"Never mind that our back yard bordered a burning tire dump, my grandfather's property was paradise. We had stately buckeyes, the state tree, in our front yard, wild raspberry bushes on our back fence, a climbable cherry tree by our grape arbor and a hill in the back for sledding.

Kids growing up in rubber factory families back then lived the good life. When my dad gave me and my more practical sister, Helen, his charge card to O'Neil's, the swank downtown department store, to buy bathing suits, I bought the most expensive one; my sister was more considerate.

I was spoiled, but there was a price. My father, a creative man with artistic talent untapped, had to walk through factory doors for 40 years of his life.

I imagined the Normans had similar financial security."

~ J. Froelich

http://kent.state.tripod.com/janis.html

"The History Channel has been on campus filming for its upcoming series on Baby Boomers. Reportedly, the cable channel plans to lead off the series with the Kent State shootings. This is a defining moment for the Baby Boomer generation, said the article.

But unlike silly 1970s pop culture, Kent State on May 4th was not the good old days. After the Beacon Journal won the Pulitzer Prize for its general reporting coverage of the shootings , editor John S. Knight (1894-1981) no doubt influenced this editorial which began: 'We never thought to see the day when the Beacon Journal was sorry to win the Pulitzer Prize.'''

No comments: