Sunday, May 23, 2021

I revisited a read.

And then I read more... 

"Lady Gaga Reveals She Suffered a Psychotic Break After Becoming Pregnant By Her Abuser at 19"

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a36500302/lady-gaga-suffered-psychotic-pregnant-the-me-you-cant-see-docuseries/

"Lady Gaga says rape at 19 led to a 'total psychotic break'"

https://apnews.com/article/lady-gaga-music-entertainment-arts-and-entertainment-8d59190b54916dfae665d9240fd86096

Films...they can help.

I thought this & about how it felt much better to listen to an interviewer talking to an actor about that one ground-breaking film, because listening to them was actually inspiring, and I was happy the movie helped them express their viewpoints. Whereas what I heard in a different interview the other day (and I didn't listen to the whole thing) was not on the same level at all as far as communicating deep respect or understanding of some people's traumatic experiences. It mostly made me think about how the messages you receive growing up can affect you for a long time, and how the interviewer changes his tone depending on who he's interviewing.

 

No comments: