Sunday, August 25, 2019

Pain brings new knowledge sometimes

A simple graphic introduced me to Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder.

As a society, we have far to go...

"The social stigma can be incredibly isolating, and other women with periods don’t always relate. “It’s like ‘you should be stronger, that’s not an excuse.’”

~ S. Barrett - Ibarria

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/pmdd-gives-me-severe-depression-every-time-i-get-my-period

I am sorry they haven't been more understanding.

After years of navigating her recurring physical and emotional symptoms, Coffey said she learned to prioritize self-care and developed a greater sense of compassion for herself and her pain. Though it’s still a struggle every month, she makes an effort to be kind to her body, which gets her through the toughest days. “PMDD is not a death sentence,” Coffey said. “It’s just another way you have to live life a little bit carefully.”

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/pmdd-gives-me-severe-depression-every-time-i-get-my-period

No comments: