Tuesday, March 07, 2017

"Art is growth"

That was my favorite thing I heard this evening!!!! And I had some fun, too. But something else is still going on. One: I have a toothache. And I'm worried about it and about health care. Two: I know that there are still men who will alienate people and not take any responsibility for it while seeming to exist in a bubble of privilege, and it is unfair. The stuff that's going on in this country...well, I guess it doesn't matter to them very much.

Sometimes I think, I am so glad at least I won't alienate people in that way. At least I am not in a white guy privilege bubble. But also I know that things are on a spectrum. Maybe the ones that aren't very inclusive should take some workshops from the ones that are inclusive. They are there there! Get some pointers from the nice guys who have curiosity about alternate viewpoints. They are out there. I don't even know why would you even want to alienate someone in that kind of systemic oppressive way? WHY? It does you no good to do so.

That system of privilege is fragile. If it wasn't fragile, their egos would not be so fragile. It's worth it to take the time to get to know other points of view, and not just expect people to vomit compliments all the time. Why do you need that? What do you get out of that. You're the beneficiary of a fragile system and it's not even very good for you either! But you don't want to see how it is for others.

I feel like it is impossible sometimes. It's hard.

It's worth it to take time to listen to other viewpoints.


No comments: