Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Conversation situations

I was wondering why this is a thing:  I spoke with a man who had been so intensely positive towards me and then so intensely negative that it made me feel sick. Then all of a sudden, there he was again blasting me with positive greeting, but actually he didn't want to talk to me. So he moved on and found someone he really wanted to talk to (another guy). They had the best time talking. I bet he doesn't blow hot and cold with that guy. This didn't make me forget...

And in a group of young women and men, both of the young men seemed like they were genuinely interested in talking about feminism and discrimination with one woman who had instigated the question. Another woman was neutral, but the other three women didn't seem to want to talk about it because.... ????

(A guess: Because maybe if they don't talk about it, they won't have to actually deal with it.)

No comments: