Wednesday, April 22, 2015

a transition

When I think of women, this is a hard time in my life right now. I grew up with a lot of girls who act like they value you on the basis of your status as a wife and/or mother. It is really depressing. When we were younger I never knew it would feel this way when I got older. I will have to get over it somehow. I feel immensely let down, not so much by not being married or not having gotten pregnant and such, but by the strange herd mentality of it all, because it means a lot of the girls you grew up with have no interest in you now. If you had gotten married or if your body had gotten pregnant, perhaps you'd be worth something to them, and that is very strange. Things weren't like that when I was younger. And why, why, why do so many women still change their names? It's a little thing. It's just a name change. But so many women have changed their names. I don't know any men who have changed theirs.

SIGH.

No comments: