Saturday, September 25, 2010

Venturing

Overheard yesterday evening:
"Okay, I know that!"
"I got her pregant and she had my kid."
"Okay! I know that already!"
"Too bad it wasn't you. You missed, huh."
The teenage boy and teenage girl moved to the bench to cuddle, where he continued to whisper witticisms that made her shriek delightedly. Sigh. Well there's less chance of him getting her pregnant in a park, I guess. Later a park ranger walked by, talking about how he'd just asked some kids if their parents were around.
~~~~
What is it about a 3 dollar movie theater that makes an audience so appreciative? Laughing at all the jokes in "Dinner For Schmucks" and applauding at the end. Even the bathroom had an intriguing scent of cigarettes and incense.
~~~~
Hmmm, just took a look at the Community Sustainability Fair. I heard them introducing a "Miss Teen Earth" or something like that. There's also a Disney van with a large picture of 3 seemingly barely-not-teenage guys on the side of it. I guess those 3 guys are the face of Disney...why not have a foursome and make it boy-girl? And why is there no Mr. Teen Earth? It's just a question...Oh, okay. I guess it's Radio Disney and the guys on the van might be the "Jonas Brothers."
I see they're staying pure 'til marriage; that's refreshing. Maybe some other kids who hang out at the park will take a hint ;-P
Oh, but, there actually is a Mr. Teen Earth--he's in the Phillippines!
Which also bestows upon its female contestants the more progressive title, "Ms."

No comments: