Friday, September 10, 2010

Giant Tome!

Well I did not expect that.
"It's very large!" said the Pasadena librarian. "And...flexible!"
He said "It's a big comic book." And sounded mildly surprised.
So I just looked at it. Ah, ha. There's a song I haven't heard yet.
Flying Dutchman by the School Chorus.
For a moment, I think again of the FB friend who died too soon many would say.
Could Sickle Cell disease be helped at all by diet and such things?
A short time after I heard the news, I went out one day, driven by some kind of intense loneliness of the heart, and saw a man who had collapsed on the steps of a bank in Arlington. Surrounded by people of all ages, including a young woman who made an impression on me as if she had some kind of first aid training. Maybe she even had a stethoscope, although I'm not really sure.
He was quite still.
I turned around and drove by again, and the emergency vehicle was coming.
A few days later, I was on my way to the post office. In the car, I asked my mother, "Do you think, if someone dies, and you see them, that they know that you saw them?" When I emerged from the post office, she said a massive funeral procession had gone by while I was inside.

No comments: