Monday, September 13, 2010

Art

Mi bellisimo amigo me dijo que le gusta mucho una pintura...de un goblin with a hammer en ese article. Si, es maravillosa, o/a?
Certain powers seem to be sending me signals. I need to hone my bread winner skills. I have made efforts. Today I mostly excelled at consuming frozen grapes and gluten-free crackers. And watching Flying Dutchman set to outerspace pictures. I might look for the original Dr. Who opening, I loved it as a kid. I should leave this place to get my Vitamin D bath. I have read that Vitamin D may be good for teeth...

That reminds me, after a visit to a historic museum yesterday, which included looking at a photograph of early 20th century nurses, fully attired in prissy uniforms, holding gigantic reflecting disks in front of TB patients sitting outside of their sanitorium, this article about a local doctor was worth a look. Appropriately fascinating. The combination of the nurses' uniforms, the discs, remembering Thoreau, and really hoping that the popcorn ceiling I used to scrape my nails across, creating "snow" as a first grader, was the kind without asbestos...

Other adventures included visiting Idyllwild and watching "Machete" at a drive-in. I complimented someone's colored glass window and learned that it used to have a bullet hole in it. Seems like a nice enough neighborhood. Still scoping this place out. It's a big area. It's going to take a while.

No comments: