Friday, July 09, 2010

Sigh!

Happiness sigh! I got to go on my trip! It was wonderful. It wasn't perfect, and the heat wave sucked, but I got to go on a trip! I miss that part of the country. But I got to visit and I know I will visit it again. Me and some places have an agreement on that. Upstate NY. Well, who knows, I even remember once in Massachusetts I was rambling to a complete stranger about how great and wonderful a place it was. I think I was outside of a gas station. I may have been in a line to a port-a-potty. The stranger said "it is great." He was a working class guy, in my memory. I actually don't know what he did for a living. Maybe I was high off of seeing the literary sites I'd seen, but I think it was also the place, the land.
I know some very creative things have happened in some places I have lived in.
I don't know much...I don't know...I don't know much...but I know....
In spite of the heat, my mom and the beagle and I visited six carousels and rode on three of them. She purchased a vibrant and unique painting of a fox and soap from Sea Hag soaps in Brackney, Pennsylvania. If we had more time I would've tried to get us to go to wineries and Watkins Glen! Ah well...next time.
On the way back, I ate many locally grown peaches from a stand in Pennsylvania. I may have set a record.

No comments: