Friday, July 09, 2010

Ah, quirkiness

So, there are beliefs in this world. Beliefs, religious in origin, about sleeping arrangements and matrimonial bonds and whatnot. My bellisimo friend has a large family which has donated furniture and many household items towards an apartment we will both be living in, and he also has grandparents who periodically have taken in kin and also accepted the significant others of their kin, (even if they are not joined in matrimony) actually living and sleeping under their roof.
It will be very quirkily charming when he realizes that, even if we can pack the air mattress and transport it to the unfurnished work-abode of my male parent, we will indeed be welcomed in a very friendly manner, but nevertheless, sharing the air mattress and the same room, is, if I am understanding correctly, going to be a no-go. So it's the floor and shelves of religious books. Monks! We can pretend we are monks! I am so into it. I hope I still feel that way after hours of driving!
Ah, wide world of different beliefs and codes of behavior.
Little Earthquakes...God....

No comments: