Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Dear Old Patriarchy, there you are. (Again.)

Well, you have made your own literary contributions to the world. Life goes on.

I was reading that Emma Macalik Butterworth's husband (ex-husband, eventually) was an associate of Carlo D'Este, who was a friend of my stepfather's, and I realized that I don't know if he read Griffin, or if I ever showed him As The Waltz Was Ending.  He was Irish but seemed so fond of German culture. Loved classical music, musicals, military music, and all kinds of music, honestly. I think I would probably read D'Este before Griffin, but I have read neither. They have all passed away now, you know. If they come back (I feel that they are good candidates for returning) what sort of people might they be?

I had a nice evening with a laid-back woman who is a friend. When I talked with her, I began to feel better, and we looked at oracle cards, and and she told me my demeanor changes and I light up when I talk more about flowers or nature, and it helps me feel like I am more renewed and on a new path again.

Good night.

No comments: