Sunday, March 24, 2024

Female medical things

I'm so very confused.

I told my friend that the thing I dreaded about an ultrasound was the full bladder stuff and she said well when she had an ultrasound she actually had to have an empty bladder and I thought gee that sounds better to me.

But of course I have to have a full bladder for the one that's coming up again.

Because I believe in the past I had a "transvaginal ultrasound" in which I was not permitted to empty my bladder and then I had a wand inside me, and I have a pelvic ultrasound this time and I know you're not supposed to empty your bladder.  

(Noted a day later: Actually now I wonder if I might have been remembering it wrong. Maybe it was just that the first part of the procedure stuck in my memory and overrode what happened in the second part? Because of certain communication issues?)

But when I read this John Hopkins article it says with a transvaginal ultrasound you're supposed to empty your bladder but with a pelvic ultrasound you're not supposed to

But trans vaginal whatever is inside and pelvic one is outside???? 

(Noted a day later: Why did I not remember that it happens in two parts like this?)

And what the hell, why did my transvaginal ultrasound in the past involve both a full bladder and a wand inside me?

(Noted a day later: Again, could I have been remembering this incorrectly, because I was traumatized by the first part?)

???????????????????

"How do I prepare for a pelvic ultrasound?

EAT/DRINK : Drink a minimum of 24 ounces of clear fluid at least one hour before your appointment. Do not empty your bladder until after the exam.

Generally, no fasting or sedation is required for a pelvic ultrasound, unless the ultrasound is part of another procedure that requires anesthesia.

For a transvaginal ultrasound, you should empty your bladder right before the procedure."

"Pelvic Ultrasound"| Johns Hopkins Medicine

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/pelvic-ultrasound#:~:text=For%20a%20transvaginal%20ultrasound%2C%20you,bladder%20right%20before%20the%20procedure.


No comments: