Sunday, March 31, 2024

Other "Before Easter" Kinds of Things

I showed this to a friend who smokes:

https://www.pechakucha.com/presentations/about-listening

And it reminded her a lot about mindfulness kinds of things, and about taking time, slowing things down, as if one were an astronaut reaching for a cup of water, or applying toothpaste to a toothbrush, and that she's more apt to just take one or two puffs and then be done with her smoke break when she's being slow and mindful.

Before I visited my friend I saw a chiropractor who lived in Ithaca and we talked about NY.

My friend and I also watched "The Rewrite," which I think is fun if you ignore any attempts at representing "feminism." Also, I didn't think anyone could actually get fired for sleeping with a student when I went there, but that's a plot device in the movie.

They put the star, Hugh Grant, in a place that reminded me of one I lived in. It's because of the style of the home's porch and placement of the driveway. 

My friend said she was having fun as I was having fun.

She never lived in NY, but she used to be on the East Coast, and she went to a wedding in NY that was an hour from Niagara Falls.

It was fun to look at the screen and say, "Hey, I ate at that diner!"

That movie came out ten years after I had lived there. What else is still there? Hmmm.

Smoking had already gotten much less popular by the time it was made!

No comments: