Tuesday, September 01, 2015

fishes...niches...words...wishes...

Wish: a shift in attitudes about women and worth.

http://blog.silentsorority.com/the-invisibleness-of-infertility-to-pass-or-not-to-pass/

"Just as my asthma is a disease, not all infertility can be cured. Some 12% of the population (male and female) have fertility problems, regardless of age. It’s time society recognized that. We shouldn’t have to apologize or be ashamed because our bodies weren’t up to the job. We also don’t need society judging us harshly because we’re not living up to its false ideals."

~http://blog.silentsorority.com/the-invisibleness-of-infertility-to-pass-or-not-to-pass/ 

~~~~

"A mother's perspective By book lover on October 1, 2014
Format: Paperback
 
I have daughters: two of them. It seems as if Melanie Holmes wrote this book to help my daughters. Becoming a mother was a wonderful choice for me, but I realize that it isn't a wonderful choice for everyone and for some people, it really hurts their lives. In this book, Ms. Holmes says that it's okay to NOT be a mother, and points out how our society (including me) often gives women a totally different message.

With this book, Ms. Holmes helps guide women of all ages to make a better choice for their own lives - and it helps guide me to raise my daughters in a world where they can make the best choice possible for themselves."

No comments: