Friday, September 04, 2015

Can I like the internet sometimes?

"Because you can't and you won't and you don't stop."


Beastie Boys ~ Sure Shot

"And, while I haven’t been able to find any evidence that the Glen Ridge case was a deciding factor, the timeline sure seems significant: The trial ran from 1992 through to 1993. “Sure Shot” came out in 1994."

~ https://medium.com/matter/pc-comedy-and-paul-revere-dc2541356851

 ~~~

This article was good for me to read.

~~~

"And it’s not the people you hurt that you really need to worry about."

~ https://medium.com/matter/pc-comedy-and-paul-revere-dc2541356851


~~~

It was good for me to read...because when I was much younger, I read about this case at a very particular time, and then I flipped out. Unfortunately, a few people witnessed it. I know I maybe hurt their eardrums when I screamed and lost it. I flipped out because the details were horrible, and they were interacting with something else that was horrible in my mind, and it snowballed. 

Afterward I apologized, but I felt I was not forgiven...I was still treated like a dangerous creature, for flipping out like that. I always felt icky and ill when I thought back on that time. So that's an old wound, and I feel like I got some help today.

~~~

"And it’s not the people you hurt that you really need to worry about. It’s the people who like you. The ones who laugh a little too loud, and listen a little too well. The ones who lean forward when you get vicious about some group of people. Almost as if they’ve been waiting for permission. For someone with power, and a microphone, who agrees." 

 ~ https://medium.com/matter/pc-comedy-and-paul-revere-dc2541356851  



Beastie Boys ~ Shambala &  Boddhisattva Vow

No comments: