Friday, September 25, 2015

An evening stroll

Some guy broke out in song behind me and made me nervous. There she was just a walkin' down the street singin' do wa ditty...now you're tired on your feet singin' do wa ditty...blah blah blah. He was right behind me and then he jogged across the street at the light. "Have a great night!" My outside self went "ha ha" but my inside self was annoyed that some guy with zero history or sense of night street harassment was being so carefree. I wished I was light hearted but I just was not. Also I walked by a bunch of people networking outside a bar on a sidewalk. "I'm waiting for my editor to call me," glasses of wine in their hands. My soul went "Ugh." The happy part was admiring liquidambar trees (education is good for something...now I can name them) and petting an orange kitten that acted afraid but quickly warmed up to me. At least I have good rapport with orange kitten.

No comments: