Thursday, August 27, 2015

Books and backpacks

Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian is really good so far... The protagonist just met his nerdy "tautologies" farm boy friend. The bf and I just had a conversation about how I've worn out his treasured backpack. "I picked it up the other day and was like, man, this is a lot more threadbare than it used to be." Well, you know...
~~~~~
"Dallas morning news is looking for a research librarian."
"So?"
~~~~~
"I don't want to live in Dallas."
(And I am planning on attending a meeting of Underearners Anonymous.)
"Don't like Texas?"
"No, it's not Texas."
"Aren't some of the most anti-woman laws in Texas?"
"Yeah, but I've been to Texas, and I could live there."
~~~~~
I think I will show some youngsters the Elegy for the Forgotten Oldsmobile poem sometime soon.

No comments: