Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hug a tree?

"Send out Roots, Enter the Heartwood, Branches Reach for Heaven, Stand in the Stream and Sway in the Wind"

https://reikienergyhealer.wordpress.com/2011/10/27/chi-kung-and-the-healthy-tree-hugger/

"Based on my continuing luck with the moles, earthworms, and cabbage worms, I decided I would contact the Deva of the Japanese Beetle. Much to my astonishment, I touched into an energy that I can only describe as that of a battered child. It was an energy of defeat, of being beaten into submission. Yet it still had mixed in with it anger and a strong desire to fight for its life.

I was told by the deva that what I was experiencing was not devic but from the conciousness of the Japanese beetle itself. I needed this experience in order to understand what our relationship with the beetle had already done to it....

I then addressed the issue of the corn. Still hoping to salvage some of it, I decided I would try to raise the vibration of the individual stalks--perhaps the ears would fill out in spite of the Japanese beetle. I spent three days putting my hands on each stalk and LOVING it. At the end of three days, nature had had enough of this nonsense and I was told to leave the corn patch and not return 'until further notified.'

Devas and nature spirits do not respond to what they call 'gooey, sentimental love.' Their love is a love of action and purpose, and it is that kind of active love they desire from us. (Once while giving a workshop, I was asked to accompany several of the leaders of this particular community to a bush. It was a rather large bush, and it didn't take a horticulturalist to see that it was dying. It seems they had recently transplanted the bush, and, as part of their transplanting process, several members in the community would form a circle around it each evening, join hands and send the bush love...LOVE. The bush had the nerve to die on them anyway. I was asked what they should do. I walked up to the bush, looked at the soil around it, checked the leaves, then turned around and said, 'Try watering it.' That's love in action. Not to be confused with loveless action. Love in action is appropriate action done in a caring spirit.)"

--Behaving As If The God In All Life Mattered, pages 147-149

No comments: