Monday, November 14, 2011

Truly salute you, universe of weirdness

I was expressing my annoyance with trying to get a browser to function on my old outdated Mac (as opposed to the sluggish but also more browser-friendly PC, but it also doesn't have the same software) when he of the larger and better computer said, "You don't want me to make you happy?"
"No, it's not that, I'm just annoyed with this thing...Okay, sure, fine, so what're you going to do."
Chair swivel. "I'm downloading this."
"Uh...okay. You're right. That does make me happy!"
(I do listen to it sometimes on Spotify now. And yes I entered to win tickets, too.)
"You have points to download it?"
"Yes."
"Okay, cool."
I went back to my task. For a typography project, I'm using some song lyrics, one of the ones I was considering was Datura. I went to this site to obtain the lyrics and then I scroll down...
I: The song Datura that I was having a listen to – I’ve been reading up on it. Now apparently you have a herb garden with a list that you run off in the song Datura as well.
T: Had.
I: You had? What’s happened?
T: You know that Hurricane Irene?

And then, if I actually had the ability to formulate a concrete sentence in my thought process, it probably went: Wow, sometimes the universe likes to fuck with you. Then I paced around for a few seconds with chills on my skin, which might not sound like a long time, but it's enough. I'm not even sure if I've never read that before, but even if I did, this was the first time I got the "shock of recognition" so to speak.
Sheesh.
So it's not that it's a bad thing, but yes sometimes I do have to salute the universe for these moments of weirdness.
Oh okay.
Since he said "Happy Birthday" at the conclusion of the download, I guess I should also mention I found out the other day that this was the "top tune" pick on my birthday this year. Weird and interesting. Like I said...

No comments: