Saturday, November 19, 2011

Do you know

Right now....really, really, really, thinking this person did a good job, no, a great job, on a certain song, which probably won her fans who often skip it when they play a CD that has it there, but it's good it was put there, and that's because, for me, well, many songs won me over, but there is one that I do, deep down, feel bad about skipping a whole lot. I have skipped and skipped and skipped because you don't always want to hear it. And not every one has felt that way either. At one time, I was pretty discomfited when I read this: In Defense of Offensive of Offense Art:
"When I was fifteen, I prank-called a rape hotline...This is maybe the worst thing I have ever done...when I got bored at basketball practice, I would start singing "Me and a Gun"..." That person has been to more concerts than I...I've been to zero concerts of my...favorite artist?
Me and A Gun
Do you know Carolina...
Maybe at times I've even skipped and been "bored" by it. But truly this is my favorite artist, and my least favorite song to play, but she did a great job on this one. I feel very grateful. It's like carving giants paths in a deep, deep snowdrift for other people...little girls and boys who'll need it to help them...you don't always feel that way about an artist and you don't always even want to feel that way...really...how can you ALWAYS want to feel that way???...when you do though...it's verymuch how you feel you should be be, looking in the right direction....
Me and A Gun xerxes remix by somebody

No comments: