Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Heigh ho heigh ho

I think tomorrow it's off to the allopathic Dr. I go.
I keep getting better and then worse and I just can't keep doing that. It's too unpleasant and nerve-wracking. Think you're better? BOOM. Sorry! Just kidding! So I will also try to contact an allopath.
Probably my subconscious self is making me do that.
I suppose some part of me finds it absolutely amazing that some people could actually care more about the deficit and some future fearful, politically motivated predictions than the health of the human body and what is going on RIGHT now at this very moment with people who work in all the lowest positions in society. People who serve you, who take care of your food and produce in the grocery store, who chop your salad in the kitchen, who do all sorts of things you probably take for granted every day, and that you don't care if that person gets sick, lies in bed crying with a fever, feels they can't afford to go to the Dr., can't get insurance coverage because of a pre-existing condition, or if they can afford to, has to pay something like 2 k a month and then even that doesn't cover what they need. When I worked with a Dutch publisher, NONE of them complained about health insurance. They were also quite happy with their days off and longer maternity leaves and their benefits. None of them wanted to be American. Why? And supposedly there are horror stories about Canada...I've met a few Canadians who weren't unhappy with their benefits. Sure there are problems there as anywhere. There are plenty of problems here too! The only Canadians I have actually heard of complaining of anything was hearing a third-hand account about the neighbors' parents having to wait in line for a flu shot. In the grand scheme of things...Bothering to notice and caring about other people's well being, even if you might have the privileged position at the moment, which you are afraid of losing, is what is important.
Well that is how I feel about that.
I bet Jesus would want everyone to have health coverage.
Anyways for some reason I think I have to go the Dr. so I will improve my attitude about it. Since I have to go, it's beginning to seem to me...
I'm going to get better. I have been told so.
Roses, roses, roses, roses roses...
;-)

No comments: