Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sea stuff

Seasongseasongseasongseasongseasongseasongseasongseasongseasong
A shame a woman I know is going to move away from the sea, but she has some good reasons. The sea is bellisima. An artist says that Christmas carols were once sea shanties. Sometimes I have driven around the suburbs and felt that I wanted to be in a wilder place (but where I could still drive) and then stop somewhere for fish and chips. I've thought of myself as perhaps once living in another body in the 20th century and speaking to a man, and playing that game with the wooden triangle with pegs in it that you might find at some of those places. But it would either be in a restaurant or on a boat. There there is the idea of living someplace around the Netherlands long ago and ships were very important. I got this feeling when I was a small child and looked at a large barrel. We were not near the sea, but on a field trip to go to an apple picking place. Maybe it was on a misty, watery morning. Now I think I like a song called Sea Song.

No comments: