Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yesterday & tomorrow & today

Yesterday my roommate and I saw Bob Dylan. Dear god, his voice. I didn't want to be one of those people who get negative...however, at one point I thought that labor would be less painful. Not that I know. Maybe I thought that because all these women I know are having babies lately. Anyways. The man contributed much to our culture. Probably he was too stubborn to ever do anything to preserve his vocal cords. He is also still very good on the harmonica. And those were usually my favorite parts on the setlist. Despite my nose telling me that someone was smoking at some point, I didn't see any lighters but people held up cellphones and took pictures. Also as the voice was getting to me, I kept feeling like I was looking at a bunch of guys who wanted to be like the Blues Brothers and having a feminist moment, because whenever I've gone to a show, it's almost never for a female performer. My friend and I made a list on the phone of all the successful women in music and now I have to go to one of their shows.
Tomorrow night I have tentative plans to go to DC and not work.
Today I bought the proper kind of premixed engine coolant and will pour it into my car at some point. I also bought pfeffernuse and ate some dipped in wine, per the directions on the box.

No comments: