Thursday, November 05, 2009

Not shorter

Then I watched Jon Stewart and was like, hmmmm, what is up with the drawing of Glenn Beck's internal organs. And, I am not fooling my pancreas. I consumed a lot of a sugar-laden chocolate product in a very short amount of time, then tried to make up for it by eating an apple. Earlier, I'd waxed all rhapsodic to myself about drinking the last dregs of a bottle of cheap wine as I ate a chili-like concoction that did not delight my tastebuds. I admired the clouds and stars of the night sky on a balcony. There is still a record store in the suburbs where kids burn patchouli and act too cool but are (I just know! I just feel!) still so naively (and beautifully!) open to life experiences in a way that people my age who are obsessed with mortgages do not seem to be. Maybe they are the childish ones, and the youth and mid-life crisis people actually have more in common with each other and are in a wiser zone? I thought. Eh, maybe.

No comments: