Monday, November 02, 2009

It was a dark and stormy night...

Maybe if I get one soon I will post a photo or two. After I drove out to Prince William Forest in an intimidating rainstorm, I arrived at the mess hall with a disco ball. Spent the obligatory 1st hour of shyness, sitting in the corner, playing with beads, consuming edibles and punch. Then I talked to a dude who went to a "rival elementary school" of the elementary schools I went to in Renton. I told him to read I'm Down. And he will! He so totally will. The friend he came with met my friend (who came dressed as a tsunami) in Malcolm X park and is Mr. Nadar's assistant or something. Also, I discovered: I am pretty good at hula hooping! Many of us slept in bunks that night and had lunch together at the twins' parents' house the next day. (Where the fiestas are usually held.) On the way home, the clouds over Manassas were white and flat, yet just a bit bunchy in some areas, like upside-down snow covered hills. Ah, Nordic saga weather...

No comments: