Friday, September 21, 2007

Randomlings

Tonight a girl sang something from Tosca to me in a restaurant; that was quite fun. My aunt sang "Happy Birthday" in German over the phone. I think that in literature, getting inspired from heartbreak is interesting, like we all like Dante, but its also interesting to wonder what could be inspired from friendship? Solitude? Etc. I went to a library and saw a book entitled Girls Gone Mild, I had to pick that up. I found an interesting quote: "I would encounter this contradiction over and over again. Emotional, dreamy girls are a thorn in our side, but when boys are romantic, their every tear is precious. It was a mystery to me." (page 90) Thats not to say that either one is not valid, of course, but I just thought it was an interesting quote. I like this song: Caught a Lite Sneeze I almost always lived with a piano in the house when I was growing up, but never really learned to play it--it was my mother's instrument. She had been playing it since she was a child and had been a music teacher before I was born, but the strange thing was, she played it very rarely. She got busy with other things. Although I don't know if she'd agree, sometimes I think that while I was growing up I learned more about music from her boyfriends, husband and my own friends. But I do not think it was because she did not have a lot to teach me.

No comments: