Thursday, September 20, 2007

Birthday

So, tonight my friends and I went to see Kathy Griffin, who sold out the Kennedy Center. Hmmm. Well, it was kind of weird. I wasn't totally in sync with her humor. I guess I am not up on all of the celebrity stories. I think when I saw Margaret Cho a few years back, I liked her show better. The best parts of this one, honestly, were: the beginning, with the music and anticipation, and when she ran in on stage, and at the end, when she ran off. She has a lot of energy, thats for sure. But it was fun to be with my friends. We went to our work place afterward (it's near a Metro and it kind of sucks you in.) Just before I left, I made the folly of pointing out we were only a few minutes from Sept. 21st, so then they made me stay until midnight. They sang "Happy Birthday" and said I should drink 30 shots. I did not want to do that. So then one of them got the bright idea of wacking me with her long pink and orange umbrella thirty times. Yup. Me: "Stop it, you're giving me a fetish." Them: "24, 25, 26, 27...why is this taking so long? Oh yeah, because YOU'RE TURNING THIRTY!" It was very exciting. Actually though, since I was born at something like 5:40 pm, I think I am not yet 30. I think I still have a few hours left to feel my twenties slipping away, leaving them behind, forever!!

No comments: