Monday, February 27, 2006

Wilkommen Bienvenue Welcome...

Guess I really am moving. Got a job and everything. One of my friends sent me the lyrics to a Frank Sinatra song "Chicago is my kind of town..." and ended her e-mail with *turning cartwheels*

Tonight I went to the Barnes & Noble in Ann Arbor (suburbs) and I got completely engrossed in the music section . I was remembering more about the people I worked with at the one in Virginia. All this music, especially The Pixies, Beth Orton, and Moby (which used to play in the store constantly) came back to me.

Eventually, Music Section Guy came up to me. "Can I help you?" he said.

"No thats okay, I'm just kind of wandering around looking at different things."

"I just wanted to make sure you weren't getting lost."

"No, I was just listening to all this music I used to listen to when I was younger and I was kind of getting lost." (contradicting myself)

"Yeah I know what you mean. I haven't listened to Pop music in years actually. I mostly listen to classical and music from shows. But sometimes I'll go back to something I listened to in 7th grade and it takes you back to that time."

I wanted to say ,"Actually I'm listening to music I listened to when I was 22 and working in a Barnes and Noble it takes me back to NOW!" But I just said "Yeah, exactly," and left. I could feel my face getting hot for some reason. Then I thought, "Wait, I used to listen to Cabaret alot too!" Oh well I was already in the parking lot starting up my car.

When I came home, and put on the Pixies, I couldn't seem to reproduce the same feeling/effect it had on me. Por quoi??

I think when I went skating, it was more like 5 years ago.

No comments: