Friday, August 09, 2024

Writing!!!

Some of you guys who got a little too influenced by patriarchal conditioning will like yourselves a lot better when you learn how to take better care of yourselves and look out for others, too, as a result. I think.

I had a joy for life when I was a kid. I could feel excited to learn new things. I liked roller skating, and the "O Mickey. You're So Fine" song.

And tonight, I'm just looking out at the local landscape while I digest my food. And I've got "Cherry Blossom Girl" by Air in my head again, and I'm thinking...

Maybe some people are being invited to think more about other kinds of realities now, before they actually experience a new reality in another lifetime. 

It could be a great opportunity. 

I mean, other people's lives are real, too. 

Anne Frank's life was real. Barbro Karlen's life was real.

I really wanted to keep eating something I liked tonight, but my stomach said no, even though my mouth said let's eat more, so I had to listen to my stomach. 

So I stopped. I also got to share it with another person, and I feel good about that. 

I'm not perfect, and I probably still ate too much, but at least I didn't take those last few bites. I felt it just wasn't going to taste as good when it's cold. Sometimes things do taste good when they're cold, don't get me wrong, but this particular dish I didn't think would be as good cold. 

It was better for me to stop and share it with another person. 

Simple. 

Really.

I have a cheap phone and this picture doesn't do it justice, but sometimes I really like looking at this hill in the distance, especially in the evening, and seeing the one lone tree off to the side. Crookedly, steadfastly growing on the hill.

No comments: