Saturday, June 10, 2017

A certain perspective

I am happy to say that I have had the pleasure of being in an environment where diverse viewpoints seemed more welcome, and where it seemed very possible that one could bring up different point of views (even leaning towards critique) without fear of retribution or subtle bullying on the part of some men with easily bruised egos. And it certainly felt different and more welcoming for me to be in that environment than it did to be in the other one. It felt like I got more appreciation for my abilities there. Also no one in that environment made me feel like I would have done much better there if I'd been "just one of the guys" or else thin, blond and constantly had a smile on my face to reassure people of what a great job they're always doing. Well, I guess I know where to go to find people who are more open to working with "people like me."

No comments: