Thursday, February 05, 2015

Flashbacks and food

How could I forget Nancy Upton? As an aside,  her retweet of this was funny and food-related!

"I wish to be buried in the heart of a star."
Read more at http://the-toast.net/2015/02/05/restaurant-reviews-john-muir-conservationist/#gp14ZtfqPI7CZajv.99

This reminded me of that time I was watching a documentary which talked about how he was supposed to go camping with Emerson. I was a little morose, as if E. were cheating on T., even though I think T. was dead at that point. Then it went on to say that, even though E. was supposed to go camping, he actually backed out at the last minute on the advice of his lawyer. Ha ha ha ha Emerson! Then: You are way too invested in this. You may need to see a psychologist.

There is this book...it's not my favorite...I do feel a little guilty because I skimmed a lot of it... I can't tell if I'm going to reread it or not, although it's possible...it's just one of the ones that was suggested to me when I asked for some recommendations a while back..it was in my hand at the time I saw creepy guy in the woods with kids...I will say that, if I bother to go back over some things, I am a little surprised at my sarcasm, and I thought to myself, who do you think you are, a Y.T.? The answer is No...also, if I were the author, I probably would have made her a 20-something-year-old college dropout living at home with Mom, as many 15-year-olds simply do not have the sort of sexual sophistication that Y.T. possesses (in a parallel universe, the author probably says "fuckyou" and I go "yep.") And now, on account of a little bit of susceptibility to pizza in literature, I think I should go read a novel that features delicious celery smoothies.

No comments: